Health Careers Exploration and Preparation
- NEI AHEC is committed to expanding the healthcare workforce, with a special focus on minority and rural populations.
- NEI AHEC offers innovative, hands-on health careers curriculum for young students.
- NEI AHEC programming introduces students to a wide range of healthcare career possibilities and guides them in goal setting and educational planning.
- NEI AHEC stresses the importance of science courses that strengthen critical thinking skills.
Health Professions Student Training
- NEI AHEC clinical placements offer health professions students experience in real world settings working with underserved populations.
- Health professions students who participate in NEI AHEC-sponsored clinical placements have a better understanding of the complex needs of rural, underserved communities in Northeast Iowa.
- These students are motivated to provide additional services and to practice in underserved areas following their training.
Supporting Health Professionals
- NEI AHEC provides accredited continuing education programs and professional support to meet the needs of healthcare professionals, especially those practicing in underserved areas.
- Programs are designed to enhance clinical skills and help maintain professional certifications.
- NEI AHEC focuses on recruitment, placement and retention activities to address community and state healthcare workforce needs.